Trek to Laka Got Snowline
- April - June, October - November
- 03 Nights / 03 Days
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE : Snow Line 3300 m
ACCOMODATION : Tents - 2 nights.
The Snow Line Trek starts from Mcleodganj in Dharamshala and passes through mixed forests of deodar, oak and rhododendron the popular camping ground of Triund and Laka Got. McLeod ganj to Snow Line trek via Triund is a low-moderate difficulty trek. This trek follows one of the more established trails used by the Gaddi shepherds enroot their summer grazing pastures in the upper Raavi Valley and Lauhal. Whatever difficulty this trek throws your way, the spectacular views more than compensate for it. To the south there are mesmerizing views of the Indian plains ; to the north is the Moon peak and the snow capped Dhauladhar Mountains.
DAY 01: Mcleodganj - Triund (2975m) Trek/9 Km
The trek goes through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar tress. First two kilometer is a steep ascent but there is a gradual ascent after Galu Devi Temple. The last 1 kilometer is again a steep ascent through the forest. Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on other is a memorable sight. O/N in a Camp at Triund.
DAY 02: Triund - Laka Got (3300m) Trek/5 Km
This is an acclimatization day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got a temporary shepherd camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer, and the snow melts away during the monsoon. Night stay in the camp at Laka Got.
DAY 03: Laka Got - Mcleod Ganj Trek/ 12 Km
Follow the same route on the way back or a different one from Triund going over a grassy meadow and descend down to Bhagsu Nag and then to Mcleodganj.
Approx Estimate Cost :
- 2-3 persons : INR 18,500/-
- 4-5 persons : INR 26,750/-
- 6-7 persons : INR 34,500/-
- 8-10 persons : INR 40,500/-
Transport Options (Delhi - McLeod ganj - Delhi)
For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamshala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red.
There is frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Summer in McLeod Ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment - international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide.
- Cook and Kitchen Helper.
- Porters and Ponies for Luggage.
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
Cost does not Include
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.