Camping in Triund
- March - May, Sep - Nov
- Easy - Moderate
- 01 Nights / 02 Days
DURATION : 01 NIGTH 02 DAYS
ALTITUDE : 2875MTS
DISTANCE : 9 KM FROM MCLEOD GANJ & 6 KM FROM GALU TEMPLE (ONE WAY)
DEPARTURE TIME : 8:30 & 10:00 AM EVERYDAY
Triund is a small hill in Kangra in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India. The Triund is a famous campsite and base camp for trekkers crossing the Dhauladhar ranges. Triund is at the foot of the Dhauladhar ranges and is at a height of 2,828 m
Day 1 : The trek start from mcleod ganj.the first destination is galu temple and then head towards the trail to triund, from Galu temple the next 5 km are gradual compare to beginning of the trek. The last strech is very tiring which require skill to climb. Triund is most beautiful meadow surrounded by mountain on its north, Kangra valley is to south.
There is some forest and local rest houses. On the north east of triund, lies mt. Indrahara (4320mts) the peak called Moon peak. Return via another route comparatively rough and tough, but it always depends on the weather and secondly you must be very good walker. The entire trek is coverd with cedar, oak and rhododendron trees.there are varieties of himalayan flowers of different kinds. On the half way is magic view cafe a wonderful place for rest. The entire trek is most charming enjoyble and challenging.
Day 2 : After Breakfast we start trek through edge of the mountain and downhill to Bhagsu Water fall.Afternoon we reach at Bhagsu Nag and then drive to Mcleod Ganj or own destination.
- INR 1288/- per person
- BREAKFAST : Butter Jam Toast / Egg Omelette / Porridge / Allo Parantha / Tea or Coffee.
- LUNCH : Veg. Pulao / Curd / Salad etc.
- EVENING TEA WITH COOKIES : Evening Tea with Cookies or Veg Pakora.
- SOUP BEFORE DINNER : We Serve Veg. Soup before Dinner.
- DINNER : Rice / Chapatis / Dal / Mix Veg. / Mutter Paneer / Seasonable Salad / Papad / Pickle / Sweet Dish etc.
Transport Options (Delhi – Mcleod ganj – Delhi) For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between Air, Rail & Road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamsala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India and Spice Jet.
There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 700 - 1200 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka Tilla every day. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Summer in Mcleod ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications
- All trekking and Camping arrangements Include Alpine/Dome shape tents,Sleeping Bags/Sleeping Mattress/Dry pit toilet tents etc.
- All vegetarian meals during trek and camp start from pack lunch on day first to Lunch on day last of the Camp.
- Expert Mountain Guide with English speaking.
- Cook and Kitchen Helper.
- Transport use between Dharamsala Bus Stand and Indrunag both side and Mcleod Ganj to Indrunag Camp.
- Sightseeing Bhagsu Nag and Mcleod Ganj by little Trek through Cholla village.
Cost does not Include
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod Ganj can be arranged by us on request.
- Any meal/services not mentioned above.
- Alcohal , soft drinks ,beverages etc.
- Personal expensis like telephone calls , tips , laundry etc.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.