Bear Valley Trek
- April - June, October - November
- 04 Nights / 05 Days
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE : Indrahar Pass 4350 m
ACCOMODATION : Tents 3Nights and Temple 1 day
The Bear valley Trek starts from Mcleodganj in Dharamshala and passes through the popular camping ground of Triund, the Laka Got, and the Lahesh Caves. McLeod ganj to Indrahaar Pass trek via Triund is a low-moderate difficulty trek. This trek follows one of the more established trails used by the Gaddi shepherds enroot their summer grazing pastures in the upper Raavi Valley and Lahul. Whatever difficulty this trek throws your way, the spectacular views more than compensate for it. To the south there are mesmerizing views of the Indian plains; to the north is the sacred peak of Mani Mahesh Kailash and the snow capped Pir Panjal Range.
DAY 01: Mcleodganj - Triund (2875m) Trek/9 km
Its is a beautiful walk through mixed forests of deodar, oak and rhododendron. Triund is situated on a ridge with a beautiful view of whole Kangra valley on one side and Dhauladhar mountain range on the other. Night stay in a tents or private guest houses.
DAY 02: Triund - Lahesh Cave (3500m) Trek/6Km
This is an acclimatization day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got a temporary shepherd camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer, and the snow melts away during the monsoon. From Laka Got it is a sleep ascent for 2 km. Over rocky ridge to reach Lahesh cave. Night stay in the cave of camp at Laka Got.
DAY 03: Lahesh Cave - Indrahaar Pass (4350m) Trek-4 Km
Start early in the morning, the weather gets bad in the afternoon. In early summer April to May the trail is full of snow and requires good equipment. During post mansoon Sept. to Nov. There is no snow or ice and there is narrow trail going up to the pass. It takes about three hours to the pass and another three hours to come down. From the pass entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold. Back to Laka Got or Khabrotu for night saty.
DAY 04: Laka Got - Guna Devi (2600m) Trek/10 km
This trek passes through a dense forest of mixed variety leopards and bears are often sighted as they abound in these forest. At Guna Devi there is small temple of Kali and place to stay where water and electricity is available.
DAY 05: Guna Devi to Mcleod Ganj Back (1768m) Trek/7 km
Trek ends.. tired.!! we are not !
Approx Estimate Cost :
- 2-3 persons : INR 26,500/-
- 4-5 persons: INR 38,000/-
- 6-7 persons : INR 48,500/-
- 8-10 persons : INR 62,000/-
Transport Options (Delhi - McLeod ganj - Delhi)
For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamshala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red.
There is frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Summer in McLeod Ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment - international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide.
- Cook and Kitchen Helper.
- Porters and Ponies for Luggage.
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
Cost does not Include
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.